If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Tallahassee, FL, you have a right to seek compensation for damages you may have suffered. Do not make the mistake of assuming that all car accident cases are the same and that any lawyer will do. Car accidents can often involve multiple parties and insurance companies, and proving fault is not always an easy task. Hiring a Tallahassee car accident lawyer is in your best interest.
If you have been involved in a car accident, The Landau Law Group can help. We will evaluate your case and explain your rights and options before taking the next step. Our firm does not collect a dime unless we win your case. Contact us today at 866-703-4878 for a free and confidential consultation about your case.
The biggest mistake people make following a car accident is trying to negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurer, without the help of a Tallahassee car accident lawyer. Every insurance company knows that accident victims are anxious to get the process over with and will often settle for significantly less than they are entitled to as a result. Never talk to the other person’s insurance company without legal representation. It could cost you.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Motor vehicle crashes can occur at any time and for a million different reasons, but the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving: One of the most deadly causes of car accidents, distracted driving claimed 3,166 lives in 2017 alone. From texting while driving to applying makeup in the rearview mirror and even adjusting the stereo, anything that takes your eyes or focus from the road is a form of distracted driving.
- Fatigued driving: A recent survey revealed that one out of 25 adult drivers admitted to having fallen asleep behind the wheel at least once in the 30 days leading up to the survey.
- Speeding: Speed kills. In 2017 alone, 9,717 people lost their lives due to speeding. This number represents 26 percent of all traffic-related fatalities.
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol: Responsible for more fatal accidents than any other cause (28 percent of all traffic deaths), impaired driving claimed the lives of 10,497 people in 2016. The legal blood alcohol concentration (BAC) in Florida is below 0.08 percent.
- Poor roadway conditions: From snow and ice to construction debris and poorly-designed roads, hazardous road conditions cause some of the most serious car accidents.
What to Do After a Car Accident
The more information you can collect at the scene of the accident, the better. The first thing you should do is call 911. In addition to ensuring the safety of everyone involved, the police will create an official police report, which can be invaluable if you decide to file a personal injury lawsuit. If anyone is injured, calling 911 will also dispatch emergency medical personnel.
If you can take pictures, photograph the scene of the accident from as many angles as possible. Take pictures of contributing factors. Make sure to include obvious injuries and property damage. Ask any eyewitnesses for their contact information in case you need to get in touch with them at a later date. Also, be sure to get the contact and insurance information of the other involved party or parties.
Then contact a lawyer. Before you discuss the accident with anyone, talk to a Tallahassee car accident lawyer.
How a Tallahassee Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Although our goal is always to obtain a fair settlement out of court, our legal team is prepared to take your case to trial if the insurer is unwilling to settle for a reasonable amount. The most subjective part of any personal injury claim is the amount awarded for pain and suffering. While medical costs, property damage, and lost wages are easy to calculate, the value of pain and suffering is not. But pain and suffering are likely the most important part of any settlement or verdict. A Tallahassee car accident attorney will know how to value your case accurately.
Possible Types of Recovery
At The Landau Law Group, we will gather evidence to substantiate your claim, deal with your insurance company and the at-fault party’s insurance company, handle all paperwork, and work diligently to obtain the maximum compensation available to you. You may be entitled to damages for:
- Medical expenses, including ambulance fees, physical therapy, doctor visits, durable medical equipment, hospitalization, surgical procedures, and in-home services.
- Pain and suffering, including emotional distress such as anxiety or stress, and a loss of enjoyment of life.
- Lost wages, including current and future earning capacity
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Permanent disability
- Wrongful death, if you lost a loved one in a car accident
Car accident attorney Tallahassee, FL
If you have been injured due to the negligence of another, you may be able to obtain compensation for damages suffered. The Landau Law Group will examine your case to determine fault and gather evidence to substantiate your claim. Do not attempt to endure this complicated process on your own. We are here to help.
Contact the Tallahassee car accident lawyers at Landau Law today for a free and confidential consultation about your case.