Landau Law Group
Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
When you are injured in a motorcycle accident, the injuries can be serious and life-changing. After the accident, you may find yourself preoccupied with the economic losses you are facing. Paying the medical expenses on top of your regular bills, all while missing time at work, is a hefty challenge—one you should not have to take on by yourself.
Let a Fort Myers motorcycle accident lawyer at The Landau Law Group take on this challenge for you. We can fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Do not worry about any up-front legal fees. We do not get paid until you recover your damages.
Call us 24 hours a day, seven days a week—even on holidays—for a free, no-obligation case review and consultation: (866) 703-4878.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycles are powerful motor vehicles, but they can also be vulnerable to accidents.
Often other motorists are not aware of motorcycles on the road until it is too late. Other times, either a motorist miscalculates the speed at which a motorcyclist is driving or unsatisfactory driving conditions can send a motorcyclist careening out of control and into disaster.
In our more than 15 years representing personal injury cases, we have seen a wide range of motorcycle accidents. We are prepared to represent victims in any type of motorcycle accident, including those caused by:
- Motorists failing to yield the right of way
- Driving while intoxicated
- Road rage
- Poor road conditions
- Road construction
- Inadequate road lighting
- Inclement weather
- Unsafe lane changes
- Following too closely
- Roadway debris
- Driving while distracted
- Motorists’ failure to see the motorcycle
- Illegal turns
We are ready to put our experience as a Fort Myers motorcycle accident lawyer to work for you. Call us today, so we can start building your case.
Benefits of Working with a Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The Landau Law Group will put its results-driven team of personal injury lawyers to work on your case, ensuring that the entire matter is handled efficiently, professionally, and compassionately. We will handle every aspect of your case. You can stop worrying about paying bills and focus instead on recovering from your injuries.
As your legal representative, we will:
- Review your accident and consult you on your legal options, free of charge
- Investigate your accident
- Gather evidence to support your claim
- Identify who was at fault for your accident
- Develop a strategy for pursuing your compensation
- Calculate the value of your claim
- Negotiate with the insurance company and lawyers, if necessary
- File a lawsuit if the insurance company fails to cooperate
- Represent you in civil court, if necessary
- Pursue the results that get your life back on track
With 20 years of combined experience, our lawyers will fight for your right to receive compensation for your injuries sustained from your motorcycle accident and other accident-related damages in Fort Myers. Call The Landau Law Group today for your free case review.
Identifying the Party Who Caused Your Accident
The first critical step we take in building your case is to conduct a thorough investigation of your motorcycle accident. We know where and how to probe for evidence that will serve as a solid foundation for your case moving forward.
Toward this end, we will:
- Go to the scene of your accident to scout for evidence and document the scene
- Interview eyewitnesses
- Assemble photos and videos into a visual account of what transpired
- Obtain the police accident report
- Gather all your accident-related medical records
- Request wage statements from your employer
- Work with accident reconstruction specialists to piece together the sequence of events surrounding your collision
With this bedrock of evidence, we will identify the at-fault party and can move forward to establish negligence.
Establishing Negligence to Satisfy Legal Requirements
The law requires that we not only identify the party who caused your motorcycle accident but also prove that they did so out of negligence. A specific set of criteria must be met in order to establish negligence and, therefore, liability.
Our legal team knows the steps to take to fulfill these legal requirements, namely proving the following statements to be true:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to act in a way that keeps you from harm or injury
- The defendant breached this duty of care
- The defendant’s breach of duty caused your motorcycle accident
- The motorcycle accident caused you to sustain injuries—physical, emotional, and financial
Having met the letter of the law to get our feet in the door for settlement negotiations, we embark on the process of calculating your damages.
Determining Your Recoverable Damages
The damages you can recover go far beyond the bill for your emergency room visit. Our legal team knows how wide of a net we can cast when gathering up all the ways in which your injuries have affected you.
Types of damages you may be able to recover include:
- Ambulance transportation
- Doctors’ and surgeons’ fees
- Prescription medicine
- Physical therapy/rehab
- Home modifications
- Replacement services
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
If a loved one died as the result of the injuries they suffered in a motorcycle accident, you are entitled to pursue a wrongful death action. Our attorneys are able and willing to represent you in this fight for justice.
Call Landau Law Today So We Can Get to Work Building Your Case
We are a service-oriented team that is deeply committed to getting results for our clients. So, if you need a motorcycle accident lawyer in Fort Myers, call us today. We will waste no time building a solid case that will get you the compensation you deserve. Keep in mind that Florida’s statute of limitations under § FL 95.11 gives you only so much time to take legal action after your accident. Now is the time to act.
Call The Landau Law Group today at (866) 703-4878 for a free consultation.
Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Lawyer FAQs
What should you do after a Fort Myers motorcycle accident?
Immediately following a Fort Myers motorcycle accident, you should:
- Make sure the scene is safe by getting away from the flow of traffic and any other hazards
- Check to see if anyone is injured; call first responders if necessary
- Call the police to report the accident
- Collect information about the other drivers and vehicles in the accident
- Collect information about any bystanders and witnesses
- Collect any other info you can from the scene; taking photos on a smartphone is a good idea
- Take note of any odd behavior from the other driver
- Take note of any hazards you see
What should you not do after a Fort Myers motorcycle accident?
After a Fort Myers motorcycle accident, you should NOT:
- Delay medical attention; if you or someone else is injured, get help immediately
- Talk to anyone about the accident except the police and don’t admit guilt.
- Don’t give a statement or speak to an adjuster until you’ve spoken with a Fort Myers motorcycle accident lawyer.
What should I do in the days following a Fort Myers motorcycle accident?
In the days following a Fort Myers motorcycle accident, you should:
- Get medical attention for any injuries
- Speak with a Fort Myers motorcycle accident lawyer
- Speak with your insurance company
How long does it take to settle a motorcycle accident?
It typically takes anywhere from 6 months to a year in order to settle a Fort Myers motorcycle accident claim. However, some claims are more complicated and can take longer.
Who is at fault in most motorcycle accidents?
While every Fort Myers motorcycle accident is unique, car drivers are held responsible for many motorcycle accidents. The most common cause of motorcycle accidents is the failure of other motorists on the road to detect and recognize motorcycles.