A semi-truck with a full trailer can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. The average car weighs between 3,000 and 4,000 pounds. This disparity in size and weight increases the chance for significant injury, greater property damage, and potential for loss of life.
It is also likely that there are multiple liable parties in a semi-truck accident. That is why you should contact a Boca Raton semi-truck accident lawyer as soon as you can. The Landau Law Group offers:
- A free, no-obligation consultation
- No recovery, no fee
- More than 20 years combined legal experience
- Service-oriented firm with a diverse practice area
- Recovered more than $20 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients
For a free consultation after a semi-truck accident, please call the Landau Law Group at (954) 964-0900.
Why You Should Call a Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
Florida has specific insurance and motor vehicle accident liability laws. We strongly recommend that you call our firm for a free consultation so that we can help you understand your legal options.
There are several reasons why you should consult with a semi-truck accident lawyer from the Landau Law Group:
- More serious injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, internal bleeding and organ damage, multiple broken bones, and other catastrophic injuries
- Higher medical bills because of severe injuries that may need hospitalization, surgery, and follow-up care
- Potential for several parties who are directly or vicariously liable for your injuries
- Protect your rights in what could be a complex negotiation with insurance adjusters and other lawyers
- Allow us to act on your behalf for maximum compensation while you focus on recuperating from your injuries
You should not have to go through the legal and financial aftermath from a semi-truck accident alone. A trusted lawyer makes the process less stressful as you recover from physical and emotional injuries.
Who Is Responsible for Your Injuries and Damages
You should not expect that the truck driver, company, or their attorney will readily admit liability for the accident. Commercial semi-truck accidents often involve several parties who could share in the blame and contribute to potential compensation for your injuries.
As semi-truck accident lawyers, we have dealt with liable parties who include:
- Truck driver
- Truck company
- Owner of the truck
- Company leasing the truck
- Company leasing the trailer
- Shipper who ordered the transported load
- Truck, trailer, or parts manufacturer
There are a few types of semi-truck accident claims or lawsuits that may be available to you.
Different Types of Truck Lawsuits
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, a semi-truck accident lawyer with the Landau Law Group may file a personal injury claim or lawsuit based on:
- Negligence seeks compensation for physical and emotional injury and the financial damages directly caused by those injuries.
- Product liability occurs if a defective part or repair contributed to the accident.
- Wrongful death if the semi-truck accident caused a loss of life from their injuries.
A Boca Raton semi-truck accident lawyer with the Landau Law Group can get to work on your case right away. For a free consultation, please call (954) 964-0900.
How Long You Have to Seek Recovery for a Semi-Truck Accident
There is a statute of limitations under Florida law that generally limits a person to four years from the date of the accident for personal injury lawsuits. This may seem like plenty of time, but you must consider that your attorney will need to examine the evidence and information carefully. This investigation may include:
- Reviewing available photos and videos
- Reviewing witness statements and conducting interviews for clarification
- Reading accident and police reports
- Analyzing medical injuries and records
- Interviewing medical staff
- Consulting accident reconstruction experts if needed
- Confirming that evidence is preserved
- Obtaining alcohol and drug tests from the truck driver
- Requesting traditional and automated information from the truck driver’s vehicle and log
Compensation in a Semi-Truck Accident
There are two types of compensation that may be recovered as the result of a semi-truck accident: economic damages and noneconomic damages. Economic damages, also called special damages, are specific costs related to the accident. Noneconomic damages are less tangible but equally important.
You may be entitled to compensation for both types of damages, such as:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning ability
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Please let our semi-truck accident lawyers help you during this challenging time. We will stand up to the insurance adjusters and their lawyers to recover the compensation you deserve.
For a free consultation, please call the Landau Law Group at (954) 964-0900.
Semi-Trucks Play an Important Role but Contribute to Injuries and Loss of Life
Whether they carry fresh Florida produce for sale to nearby states or bring in fuel for the corner gas station, semi-trucks are an important part of our state’s economy. Many truck drivers and trucking companies follow the federal government’s strict standards of safety and maintenance.
However, semi-truck drivers can also contribute to injuries and fatalities by either intent or negligence.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) supplies oversight to the nation’s commercial trucking industry. According to their records from 2014 through 2017, Florida has one of the highest rates of fatal truck accidents.
The most common causes of semi-truck accidents include:
- Lack of truck driving experience or insufficient training
- Overloading or improper loading of cargo
- Driving longer than permissible by federal guidelines for rest and breaks
- Speeding and other traffic violations
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Operating oversized trucks on narrow roadways
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
You Owe Us Nothing Unless We Are Successful
The last thing you need after a semi-truck accident is another expense. The Landau Law Group works on a contingency fee basis. You do not owe us attorney fees unless and until we recover the compensation you deserve.
Please call our semi-truck accident lawyers in Boca Raton today at (954) 964-0900.