Landau Law Group
Florida Property Damage Lawyers
Florida Property Damage Attorneys
Storms, accidents, and numerous events can contribute to damage to your property. These damages can be big or small and put a significant amount of financial strain on you. On top of that, Florida already has one of the highest premiums on homeowner insurance in the country. You would think your insurance company would repay you the maximum amount of compensation possible.
In reality, when it’s time to make a claim to your insurance company, they will try their hardest to repay you the least amount of money possible for your damages. When this happens, hire an experienced Florida property damage claims lawyer that can help get you the maximum compensation you deserve. The experienced property damage claims lawyers at the Landau Law Group serve clients throughout Florida with offices in Boca Raton and Bonita Springs. Call us today at 866-703-4878 for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your claim and learn how we can handle your case the right way.
Common Types of Property Damage
In Florida, it’s common to relate most property damage to hurricanes and severe tropical storms that threaten our community year after year, but the list is more extensive than that.
The insurance premiums you pay for coverage includes:
- Foundation or structural damage
- Damage caused by falling or flying objects
- Electrical current damage
- Water damage not caused by weather, but a water heater, plumbing, or HVAC overflow
- Wind and hail damage
- Mold damage
- Smoke or fire
- Sinkhole damage
- Roof, window, or other exterior damages
- Theft or vandalism
- Damage due to vehicles
- Liability claims for personal injuries that occur on your property
What is Considered Personal Property?
Usually, commercial buildings and homes are thought of when property damage comes to mind, but actually property can include:
- Motor vehicles such as cars, trucks, motorcycles, and scooters
- Boats and other personal watercrafts
- Furniture and artwork décor
- Music equipment
Some of these items have their separate insurance, such as auto insurance. Homeowner’s insurance can be very complex and sometimes not include coverage for certain things on your property.
Why Would the Insurance Companies Not Pay a Property Damage Claim?
The reality is that insurance companies make a profit from the premiums you pay in policies and from rejecting claims or only paying for partial damages. They are also very large companies with in-house attorneys who can take on the average consumer.
Here are some reasons why the insurance company may reject your claim:
- Failing to pay premiums. If you miss a premium payment even by a week or less, insurance companies can reject your claim. It’s important to make sure the card you have set up for automatic payment has no expiration issues and is scheduled to make the payment on-time. You should also be aware of any lack of funds that may hinder your ability to make the payment.
- Late filing. Every policy has strict requirements for when to file a claim so it’s crucial to file on-time in order to qualify.
- Exclusion of coverage. Some homeowners’ ad business owners’ policies don’t cover intentional property damage which may make it difficult when your property is the victim of vandalism. Collecting repayment from damage caused by criminal activity won’t be easy.
- Inadequate proof of damage. When filing a claim, you must provide an inventory of items that were damaged to your insurance in order to show proof of loss. Insurance companies can also reject your claim if they feel you haven’t provided sufficient proof of loss per their requirements.
- False claims. If the insurance carrier believes your claim is false or questionable, they have the right to reject your claim.
How a Property Damage Lawyer Can Help You
If your claim has been rejected or you’ve been offered a lower settlement than you expected for your property damage, you may feel powerless. At the Landau Law Group, our experienced property damage attorneys can help you go after the financial recovery you deserve based on your insurance policy. We will work directly with your insurer or we’ll take your case to court if necessary. We’ll handle every step of the process. And you won’t have to pay us a dime unless we help you recover.
Call the property damage attorneys at the Landau Law Group today at 866-703-4878 for your free, no-obligation consultation.
Florida Property Damage Lawyers
Boca Raton Property Damage Lawyer
Bonita Springs Property Damage Lawyer
Cape Coral Property Damage Lawyers
Coral Springs Property Damage Lawyer
Fort Lauderdale Property Damage Lawyers
Fort Myers Property Damage Lawyers
Fort Pierce Property Damage Lawyers
LaBelle Property Damage Lawyers
Naples Property Damage Lawyers
West Palm Beach Property Damage Lawyers