Landau Law Group
Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyers
Fort Myers Car Accident Attorneys
If you sustained injuries in a Fort Myers car accident that was not your fault, you can recover compensation for your damages. You may be entitled to recover compensation for lost wages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and related damages.
A Fort Myers car accident lawyer can guide you through the legal process, handling all the details of your claim and recovering the maximum compensation possible. The Landau Law Group offers a free consultation to help you get started. Call us at 866-703-4878 today.
We Handle All Types of Fort Myers Car Accident Cases
After a car accident, your medical bills pile up and, if your injuries are serious enough to prevent you from working, you may not be able to cover your living expenses. The car accident lawyers in Fort Myers at the Landau Law Group understand the struggles you may be facing as your fears and frustrations mount. We help our Fort Myers clients obtain the resources they need to recover from their injuries and get their lives back to normal.
Our injury lawyers handle all types of car crashes including those caused by (but not limited to):
- Commercial trucks
- Drunk drivers
- Reckless drivers
- Tired or distracted drivers
- Road construction
- Obstructed views
- Debris or obstacles in the road
- Automotive defects
- Illegal lane changes
- Failure to yield
No matter who caused your accident, you have the right to pursue compensation for physical, emotional, and economic damages. Our legal team will investigate your case, establish fault and liability, and calculate the value of your damages. We will submit your claim to the at-fault party’s insurance company and pursue a fair settlement as quickly as possible.
We will stand by you throughout the process, handling every aspect of your case and fighting for the maximum possible compensation for your damages.
Determining Fault for Your Car Accident
To establish the basis of your case, we investigate the circumstances of your Fort Myers car accident to identify the party who caused the crash and your resulting injuries. Once we identify the at-fault party, we prove their liability for your damages by demonstrating the following:
- The at-fault party had a legal obligation (a duty) to protect you from unnecessary harm.
- The at-fault party violated their legal duty and subjected you to unnecessary harm through reckless or negligent actions.
- The at-fault party’s actions and breach of duty caused your accident and injuries, making them liable for actual damages.
We then obtain evidence to support these conclusions, which may include:
- Photos, videos, and reconstruction of the accident scenes
- Accident reports prepared by the police or other agencies
- Statements from witnesses and other involved parties
- Medical records and photos of your injuries
- Photos of your vehicle damage
- Safety history, driver logs, and maintenance records
- Opinions or testimony from subject matter experts
Although the documentation of your claim will depend on the details of your accident, we ensure that we provide all the evidential support necessary for a strong, persuasive case.
Calculating the Value of Your Fort Myers Car Accident Claim
Once we establish fault and prove liability, we must also prove damages. You have the right to pursue economic and non-economic damages incurred as a result of your accident.
While your exact damages may vary based on the details of your case, you may be entitled to recover compensation for:
- Medical care and treatment
- Lost wages and benefits
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket costs and expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Projected costs of future medical care and treatment
- Projected value of future income and benefits losses
- Diminished earning capacity
- Diminished quality of life
We will support this aspect of your case using medical records, tax records, income statements, expert opinions, and other evidence as necessary to support your losses.
Working With a Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyer Can Provide Many Benefits
When you choose the Landau Law Group to handle your car accident claim, you will benefit from our comprehensive legal services customized to meet your needs. We know you need to recover your expenses and losses and we fight to get the best possible outcome for you.
These are some of the many services we provide you:
We believe in proactive communication to keep you up-to-date on the developments and milestones in your case. However, we are also standing by to answer any questions you might have. In fact, you can reach us by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Investigation & Documentation
Using our extensive resources, our legal team investigates the details of your accident to determine who had fault and liability. We take the same approach to identifying and valuing your damages. We document every aspect of your claim thoroughly.
Our team handles every detail of your claim from start to finish and communicates with all outside parties on your behalf. By taking as much as possible off your shoulders, we help relieve the stress and allow you to focus on nothing but your recovery and health.
We prepare your claim, submit it to the at-fault party’s insurance company, and negotiate to obtain a fair settlement as quickly as possible. Sometimes, if the insurance company will not make an acceptable offer or negotiate in good faith, we will recommend pursuing your case through a civil lawsuit.
The Florida statute of limitations requires us to file a lawsuit within four years of your accident. If you fail to take legal action within this time, you lose your right to recover compensation.
Contact the Landau Law Group today to learn more about how a Fort Myers car accident lawyer can help you, and to help ensure you retain your legal right to a fair settlement: 866-703-4878.
Free Consultation for Your Fort Myers Car Accident
The Fort Myers car accident lawyers at the Landau Law Group are here to help you navigate this process. We will do everything possible to recover the compensation you deserve.
For a free consultation, contact us now at 866-703-4878. We will answer your questions and explain all the benefits of working with one of our Fort Myers car accident lawyers.
Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyer FAQs
Who is responsible for a Fort Myers car accident?
Florida is a no-fault state where everyone has to carry a minimum of $10,000 in Personal Injury Protection (PIP). However, that doesn’t mean that the person at fault for a Fort Myers car crash can’t be held responsible via a personal injury lawsuit.
If you feel another driver or someone else was at fault for a car accident in Fort Myers, you can pursue litigation against that person.
For the best possible results, work with a Fort Myers car accident attorney for specifics relating to your case. The Fort Myers car accident attorneys at Landau Law offer free consultations. Contact us today!
What should I do at the scene of a Fort Myers car accident?
If you were involved in a Fort Myers car accident, it’s best to take the following steps:
- Make sure the scene is safe
- Ensure everyone is okay; if not, seek medical help by calling 911
- Call the police to report the crash
- Identify other parties involved
- Exchange insurance and contact information with the other parties
- Identify any witnesses and get witness statements
- Document the crash including taking photos
- Protect yourself when speaking by not admitting fault and not agreeing to anything immediately
- Don’t speak to an insurance adjuster until you’ve consulted with a Fort Myers car accident lawyer
What should you not do after a Fort Myers car accident?
After a Fort Myers car accident, you should NOT:
- Delay medical attention; if you or someone else is injured, get help immediately
- Talk to anyone about the car accident except the police and don’t admit guilt.
- Don’t give a statement or speak to an adjuster until you’ve spoken with a Fort Myers car accident lawyer.
How do Fort Myers car accident claims work?
The steps of a Fort Myers car accident case may include:
- Sign a written agreement with a Fort Myers car accident attorney
- Communicate only through your car accident law firm or attorney
- Discovery: collect and investigate evidence
- Deliver the injury demand letter
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- Go to trial when negotiations aren’t successful
How long does it take to settle a Fort Myers car accident claim?
It typically takes anywhere from 6 months to a year in order to settle a Fort Myers car accident claim. However, some claims are more complicated and can take longer.