Landau Law Group
Boca Raton Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton
While riding a motorcycle can be fun and liberating, motorcyclists are exposed to more dangers when sharing the road with other drivers. There is much less visibility of motorcycles on the road which is why drivers are urged to stay alert and aware of their surroundings.
It’s important to understand your legal rights in the event of operating a motorcycle. If you get into an accident, it’s also important to be familiar with the process of filing a motorcycle accident lawsuit against a negligent driver so you can get the maximum compensation you deserve.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The most recent data published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration shows a drop in motorcycle fatalities compared to previous years. Though that may be the case, motorcyclists represent too many of the fatalities.
- In 2017, 5,172 motorcyclists were killed in motor vehicle crashes.
- Although motorcycles make up only 3 percent of all registered vehicles in the US, they still accounted for 14 percent of all traffic fatalities and 17 percent of all driver and passenger fatalities in 2017.
- Per miles traveled, people riding motorcycles were 27 times more likely to die than passenger car occupants.
Making a Boca Raton Motorcycle Accident Claim
If another driver’s negligent behavior led to your injuries from the accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation. You must be able to prove the negligence of the other driver by:
- Showing that the driver broke another road rule, such as running a red light or speeding.
- Showing that the other driver was carelessly operating the vehicle, this could be due to distracted driving or driving under the influence.
Evidence will be needed to prove the direct cause of an accident leading to injuries. As experienced motorcycle accident attorneys in Boca Raton, The Landau Law Group can help you gather the necessary evidence to convince a jury of the driver’s responsibility for your personal injuries.
Your case might not even need to go to court. If the insurance company of the other driver would like to settle the case outside of the court, our attorneys can help negotiate a settlement to get you the greatest compensation possible. The Boca Raton personal injury attorneys at The Landau Law Group have the knowledge and skills to negotiate your motorcycle accident claim.
What is my Motorcycle Accident Worth?
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries from a motorcycle accident, you may be thinking about filing a lawsuit and wondering how much compensation you could receive. Each case is unique, but depending on the extent of injuries, you may be compensated for:
- Medical expenses from the accident and those you might incur in the future.
- Loss of income or wages and future loss of earning potential.
- Mental and emotional distress.
- Wrongful death.
- Any other pain and suffering.
Many factors will determine how much you’ll receive from your motorcycle accident claim. The extent of your injuries, the strength of evidence, and whether your case is fought or settled out of court will decide the amount of money you receive.
Find Out How a Boca Raton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Accidents are scary and you don’t have to face the legal battle alone. The experienced Boca Raton motorcycle accident attorneys at The Landau Law Group will fight to recover the maximum compensation you deserve. We’ll handle every detail of your case and guide you every step of the way. There are statutes of limitations to pursuing legal action. If you fail to file your Boca Raton motorcycle accident within the allotted time, you may lose your right to be compensated for your damages.
For a free consultation, contact us today at 866-703-4878!
Boca Raton Practice Areas
Boca Raton Personal Injury Attorneys
Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyers
Boca Raton Truck Accident Lawyers
Boca Raton Motorcycle Lawyers
Boca Raton Slip and Fall Lawyers
Boca Raton Premises Liability Attorneys
Boca Raton Work Injury Lawyers
Boca Raton Wrongful Death Lawyers
Boca Raton Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Boca Raton Property Damage Lawyers
Florida Property Damage Lawyers
Florida Hurricane Damage Lawyers
Boca Raton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer FAQs
What should you do after a Boca Raton motorcycle accident?
Immediately following a Boca Raton motorcycle accident, you should:
- Make sure the scene is safe by getting away from the flow of traffic and any other hazards
- Check to see if anyone is injured; call first responders if necessary
- Call the police to report the accident
- Collect information about the other drivers and vehicles in the accident
- Collect information about any bystanders and witnesses
- Collect any other info you can from the scene; taking photos on a smartphone is a good idea
- Take note of any odd behavior from the other driver
- Take note of any hazards you see
What should you not do after a Boca Raton motorcycle accident?
After a Boca Raton motorcycle accident, you should NOT:
- Delay medical attention; if you or someone else is injured, get help immediately
- Talk to anyone about the accident except the police and don’t admit guilt.
- Don’t give a statement or speak to an adjuster until you’ve spoken with a Boca Raton motorcycle accident lawyer.
What should I do in the days following a Boca Raton motorcycle accident?
In the days following a Boca Raton motorcycle accident, you should:
- Get medical attention for any injuries
- Speak with a Boca Raton motorcycle accident lawyer
- Speak with your insurance company
How long does it take to settle a motorcycle accident?
It typically takes anywhere from 6 months to a year in order to settle a Boca Raton motorcycle accident claim. However, some claims are more complicated and can take longer.
Who is at fault in most motorcycle accidents?
While every Boca Raton motorcycle accident is unique, car drivers are held responsible for many motorcycle accidents. The most common cause of motorcycle accidents is the failure of other motorists on the road to detect and recognize motorcycles.