While riding a motorcycle can be fun and liberating, motorcyclists are exposed to more dangers when sharing the road with other drivers. There is much less visibility of motorcycles on the road which is why drivers are urged to stay alert and aware of their surroundings. It’s important to understand your legal rights in the event of operating a motorcycle. If you get into an accident, it’s also important to be familiar with the process of filing a motorcycle accident lawsuit against a negligent driver so you can get the maximum compensation you deserve.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The most recent data published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration shows a drop in motorcycle fatalities compared to previous years. Thought that may be the case, motorcyclists represent too many of the fatalities.
- In 2017, 5,172 motorcyclists were killed in motor vehicle crashes.
- Although motorcycles make up only 3 percent of all registered vehicles in the US, they still accounted for 14 percent of all traffic fatalities and 17 percent of all driver and passenger fatalities in 2017.
- Per miles traveled, people riding motorcycles were 27 times more likely to die than passenger car occupants.
Making a Boca Raton Motorcycle Accident Claim
If another driver’s negligent behavior led to your injuries from the accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation. You must be able to prove the negligence of the other driver by:
- Showing that the driver broke another road rule, such as running a red light or speeding.
- Showing that the other driver was carelessly operating the vehicle, this could be due to distracted driving or driving under the influence.
Evidence will be needed to prove the direct cause of an accident leading to injuries. As experienced motorcycle accident attorneys in Boca Raton, The Landau Law Group can help you gather the necessary evidence to convince a jury of the driver’s responsibility for your personal injuries. Your case might not even need to go to court. If the insurance company of the other driver would like to settle the case outside of the court, our attorneys can help negotiate a settlement to get you the greatest compensation possible. The attorneys at The Landau Law Group have the knowledge and skills to negotiate your motorcycle accident claim.
What is my Motorcycle Accident Worth?
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries from a motorcycle accident, you may be thinking about filing a lawsuit and wondering how much compensation you could receive. Each case is unique, but depending on the extent of injuries, you may be compensated for:
- Medical expenses from the accident and those you might incur in the future.
- Loss of income or wages and future loss of earning potential.
- Mental and emotional distress.
- Wrongful death.
- Any other pain and suffering.
Many factors will determine how much you’ll receive from your motorcycle accident claim. The extent of your injuries, the strength of evidence, and whether your case is fought or settled out of court will decide the amount of money you receive.
Find Out How a Boca Raton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Accidents are scary and you don’t have to face the legal battle alone. The experienced Boca Raton motorcycle accident attorneys at The Landau Law Group will fight to recover the maximum compensation you deserve. We’ll handle every detail of your case and guide you every step of the way. There are statutes of limitations to pursuing legal action. If you fail to file your Boca Raton motorcycle accident within the allotted time, you may lose your right to be compensated for your damages.
For a free consultation, contact us today at 866-703-4878!