Few motor vehicle accidents cause injuries as serious as those suffered in a motorcycle accident. If another party caused a motorcycle accident, and you were injured as a result, you deserve to receive compensation for your pain and suffering, as well for as all of your medical bills—not to mention your loss of pay while you are at home recovering.
A North Port motorcycle accident lawyer at The Landau Law Group can help you get the compensation you deserve. And we never collect a legal fee from you until you recover your damages.
You can reach us 24/7, day or night, and even on holidays. Call us today for a free, no-obligation case review at (866) 703-4878.
How Motorcycle Accidents Happen
Motorcycle accidents are among the most violent of crashes. There are many limitations and unique aspects of operating a motorcycle that places the rider in a defensive driving mode. Unfortunately, even the most prepared and skilled of motorcyclists can fall victim to another person’s negligence, resulting in an accident.
According to the National Highway Safety Traffic Administration, the most common causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Motorist turning into the motorcyclist’s path
- Motorist not seeing the motorcycle
- Inclement weather
- Debris on road
- Construction on the road
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Unsafe lane changes
- Poorly maintained roads
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving while distracted
- Illegal turns
The North Port motorcycle accident lawyers from The Landau Law Group represents victims in all types of motorcycle accidents. Call us today for a free case review at (866) 703-4878.
What We Can Do for You
The Landau Law Group has been fighting for the rights of personal injury victims for over 15 years. Our firm will work tirelessly to help you get your life back on track by taking care of every aspect of your case.
When you hire a North Port Motorcycle accident lawyer from The Landau Law Group, you can count on us to:
- Review your accident and explain your legal options during your free consultation
- Investigate your accident to collect and document compelling evidence
- Identify the at-fault party and prove that their negligence caused your accident
- Construct a plan of action for how to pursue a maximum settlement
- Evaluate your damages and calculate the value of your case
- Negotiate with insurers to get you the compensation you deserve
- File a lawsuit if the insurance company fails to agree to a fair settlement
- Get the results you need to move on with your life
We will do everything we can to fight for the compensation you deserve. Meanwhile, you can relax and focus your energy on recovering from your injuries.
Identifying the At-Fault Party
It all begins with a private investigation of your accident. We will assemble a team to collect all the evidence needed to prove who caused your accident. Our efforts will include:
- Visiting the site of your accident
- Interviewing witnesses
- Obtaining a copy of the official police accident report
- Gathering any photos and/or videos from nearby surveillance cameras
We will thoroughly construct your case with the evidence that will make insurers, judges, and juries take notice.
Proving Negligence and Establishing Liability
The evidence we gather in your investigation will go beyond proving the defendant is at fault for the accident. In order to pass legal muster, we will establish the four criteria commonly referred to as “duty of care.” The components of this legal principle are as follows:
- Duty of Care – The defendant had a responsibility to take reasonable precaution to keep you from injury.
- Breach of Duty – The defendant failed to fulfill their duty of care.
- Causation – The defendant’s breach of duty caused your motorcycle accident.
- Damages – The accident caused you to suffer injury and financial loss.
By proving the above elements, we can present your case for your recovery of damages.
Damages You May Recover From Your Motorcycle Accident
When you sustain injuries in a motorcycle accident, you are entitled to seek compensation for your injuries, pain, and other related losses. We will compose a comprehensive assessment of how your injuries have affected you physically, emotionally, and economically, and we will seek to recover these damages from the liable party.
From the Information Gathered, We Document Your Damages
The evidence and information we obtain to show your damages and losses may include:
- Your medical records
- Your employer wage statements
- Expert testimony about the value of lost income and work opportunities
- Expert testimony about the estimated costs of future and/or ongoing treatment and care
- Expert testimony about how your injuries might prevent you from pursuing job opportunities
- Expert testimony about the prognosis for recovery
Damages You May Recover Include
While every case is different, you may be able to recover damages for:
- Emergency transportation
- Medical treatment
- Prescription medicines
- Physical rehabilitation
- Lost income and benefits
- Assistive mobility devices
- Home modifications
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Mental anguish
Wrongful Death Actions
If you lose a loved one due to injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident, you should know that you are entitled to pursue a wrongful death action. We can represent you in this action, and we will handle the matter professionally—with compassion and dignity.
Statute of Limitations Means You Must Act Soon
Florida’s statute of limitations under § FL 95.11 requires that you file any legal action within a specified amount of time after your motorcycle accident. It is important that you not jeopardize your opportunity to recover compensation by missing this deadline. Our team will manage every aspect of your case to make sure all deadlines are met, and every detail happens as it should.
Keep in mind that the sooner you hire your attorney, the more time you give us to meet this deadline, as well as to construct a case that will withstand the rigors of a scrutinizing insurance claim review and/or civil trial.
Call Us Today for a Free Case Review and Consultation
Our service-oriented litigation firm is eager to hear from you, listen to the details of your accident, and consult with you on your options for receiving compensation for your injuries. Let us put our knowledge to work for you. Call The Landau Law Group today for a free case review and consultation: (866) 703-4878.