The Franklin County car accident lawyers at The Landau Law Group can help you fight for damages if you were hurt in a motor vehicle accident. We can talk with you about the crash, investigate the collision, collect the evidence to prove your case, and deal directly with the insurance company so that you can focus on getting better.
Compensation You Can Recover for a Franklin County, FL Car Crash
The facts of your case will determine how much compensation you can collect for your car accident. These are some of the types of damages we have helped car accident victims collect:
- Medical expenses. Florida law allows you to recover the reasonable cost of medical treatment you need because of the accident. These losses may include ambulance rides, emergency room visits, hospital care, X-rays, lab tests, surgery, medication, and physical therapy.
- Rehabilitation center, if a devastating injury like a traumatic brain injury requires treatment at a specialized facility for physical therapy, vocational rehabilitation, and more.
- Long-term care, if a catastrophic injury like spinal cord damage leaves you in need of ongoing daily assistance with medical treatments and personal care.
- Lost income to help with the paychecks you missed because of the wreck and your recuperation time. This category can include lost wages, salary, self-employment, and other forms of income.
- Decreased earning capacity, if you cannot make as much money as before because of your injuries.
- Pain and suffering for the physical pain and emotional distress related to the accident and your injuries.
- Other intangible losses, e.g., loss of quality of life, depression and anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and disfigurement.
- Wrongful death. We can help if your loved one died from injuries sustained in a Franklin County, FL car accident.
3 Things to Do After a Franklin County, FL Car Crash
These are suggestions of what a person might do after a car accident, but every situation is unique. You should always do what makes sense in your circumstances.
Get Medical Attention Right Away
Get treatment for your injuries immediately. The doctor might discover additional harm you had not yet noticed. Some traumatic injuries do not show symptoms right away. For example, you might be bleeding internally from organ damage and not know it until your condition becomes critical.
Trauma specialists at emergency rooms know how to recognize hidden problems. The adrenaline your body produces during a time of crisis like a car accident can mask the signs of injury, but the trauma team can run tests to confirm and diagnose fractures, internal injuries, spinal cord damage, head injuries, and other common car crash trauma.
Talk to a Franklin County Car Accident Lawyer
A lawyer who handles Franklin County, FL car accidents can help you pursue compensation for your losses. At The Landau Law Group, we will work tirelessly to get you all the damages you deserve.
Florida has statutes of limitations for filing lawsuits to collect compensation for your losses from a car crash. If you miss the deadline, you may be unable to recover anything, and you will not be able to take your case to court. Act right away so we can get started on your case.
Be Careful When Talking to Insurance Companies
Insurance companies make a profit by paying as little money as possible on claims. The job of an insurance adjuster is to investigate your situation and either deny your claim or pay you the minimum to close out your case. No matter how friendly the adjuster might seem, do not get tricked into thinking that he or she is on your side.
The adjuster will likely ask you to give a recorded statement. The purpose of a recorded statement is to get your words down on paper so the insurer can look for any reason to deny your claim or reduce its value. The adjuster can take your words out of context to mean something you did not intend. When the adjuster asks you to give a recorded statement, tell him or her you will consult your lawyer first.
How The Landau Law Group Can Help with Your Franklin County, FL Car Accident Claim
We Build Your Case for You
We perform an investigation of every car accident case we handle. We will gather the evidence needed to build your case, which might include:
- Police reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Expert testimony, including from engineers, accident reconstruction specialists, and more
We Deal with Insurers for You
You will not have to deal with the insurance company because we take care of that for you. We can help file paperwork, send documents, and field insurance company requests. Our team will negotiate a settlement on your behalf to ensure it covers all your damages.
If the insurance company refuses to pay a fair settlement, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
We Keep You Updated on Your Case
We return phone calls and emails in a timely manner, so you are never left in the dark about your case. And we will send you case updates when the status of your case changes.
Call for a Free Consultation with The Landau Law Group
Our personal injury lawyers take car accident injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we do not get paid unless you recover compensation. Call The Landau Law Group today at (866) 703-4878, for a free consultation. There is no obligation.